What are vitamins?
Vitamins are organic compounds that are important for your body to function properly and stay healthy. They help in growth, metabolism and nerve function.
Vitamins are produced by the body, however, most of the vitamins come from various types of food as the body does not produce certain types of vitamins or produces less of them.
There are two types of Vitamins – Water Soluble and Fat Soluble.
Water-Soluble vitamins do not stay in the body for long. They cannot stay in the body for long and leave the body by urine. This makes it important to have regular consumption of water-soluble vitamins.
Vitamin C and Vitamin B are water-soluble vitamins.
Fat-Soluble vitamins are stored in the body in the liver and fatty tissue. They can stay in the body for a certain amount of days and sometimes even months.
Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat-soluble vitamins.
Why are vitamins important?
- Vitamins help to keep your body working properly and drive the essential processes that are needed every day.
- Vitamins help in slowing down the ageing process by supporting the skin from environmental stress.
- Vitamins help you maintain and build immunity against various infections.
- Vitamins help your body metabolize proteins and fats, which is important for healthy ageing.
- Vitamins help you build strong and healthy bones.
Role of vitamins
- Vitamin A builds immunity and protects the body from infections, plays important role in one’s vision, helps normal bone growth, keeps the skin healthy.
- Vitamin B helps to control appetite, aids vision, keeps skin healthy and is important for a healthy nervous system.
- Vitamin C is the most important vitamin for strengthening immunity and fighting against various infections.
- Vitamin D is the main element in maintaining the amount of calcium in your body, which is important for bone health and teeth.
- Vitamin E protects the cell membranes and plays important role in stopping the clotting of blood.
- Vitamin K is main for blood clotting and is important for quick wound healing.
Importance of Vitamin Supplements
Different vitamins play different roles in the body. Each person has different vitamin requirements to stay healthy. A balanced, healthy diet will make sure your body gets the nutrients it requires.
Eating plant-based food, fruits and vegetables give you a majority of the nutrients you need. A healthy diet is important to have an impact on your overall health.
The main goal of vitamin supplements is to supplement a healthy diet and not replace it. Supporting your diet with essential vitamins will help you to maintain a holistic lifestyle.
Taking the right supplements according to your requirements can help you maintain a healthy life. There is a wide range of vitamin supplements to fit every need.
Vesca Vitamin Supplements can help you fill nutritional gaps and allow you to get your daily dose of nutrients without a miss!